Do You Have New Property Damage?
Has a Previous Property Insurance Claim Been Underpaid or Denied?

We work for you to get fair settlements,
not for insurance companies that typically underestimate losses.
We serve all of Indian River County exclusively.

If you suffer property damage, we can help by promptly conducting an accurate loss assessment,
assisting you in filing your insurance claim, and recommending trusted professionals to do the specific repairs you need.
There are no up-front costs or financial risks as we don't get paid until the insurance company pays you.

Steve Headshot_2022

Our Message to You

As your Accredited Public Insurance Adjuster of Indian River County and a decades-long resident of Vero Beach, I specialize in servicing property damage claims exclusively in our county and getting fair payments for clients who have been denied or underpaid, or are filing claims for the first time. With more than 15 years as a licensed, bonded Public Adjuster and 30 years as a General Contractor, I know what it takes to navigate restoring your home and can help ease the burden through an emotional, stressful time.

I have the knowledge, skills, and experience to calculate an estimate that accurately reflects your loss with current pricing, and the license to negotiate with your insurance company for a fair settlement based on your homeowner policy’s coverage. We offer the additional benefits of long relationships with an excellent Team of Professionals starting with claims analysts for real and personal property and can recommend trusted contractors for water removal/remediation, plumbing, roofing, mold assessment/remediation, drywall finishing, counters and cabinetry, and painters to thoroughly restore your home.

We stand up for your rights and make sure you are treated fairly by your insurance company. Then, if you wish, our professional team can provide prompt repairs and/or replacements.

I don’t get paid for work on underpaid claims until you receive additional funds as a result of my intervention. If we don't get you more money than your original insurance settlement—frequently more than double the original payment—our work is free. We have an exceptionally high success rate for reversing denials and for getting clients more on initial claims than if you work only with your insurance company. We don't get paid until the insurance company pays you.

We take great satisfaction in serving our neighbors throughout the county. I invite you to take a look at some of our Success Stories and call for a free consultation and the peace of mind that can bring.

Steven L. Philipson, P.A.
License #E170409

We Can Help With...

  • Hurricane Damage
  • Flood Damage
  • Broken Pipes
  • Water Damage
  • Roof Damage
  • Mold
  • New, Underpaid, and Denied Claims
  • Alternate Housing

If your existing claim payment will not cover the cost of properly repairing your property damage, if your claim has been denied, or if you need help with a new estimate and filing a new claim, call us for assistance.

APIA-IRC can be counted on to help when your insurance company won’t!

It's our job to get insurance companies to live up to their claims.


Insurance Claim Underpaid or Denied?
We Can Help with No Risk to You and No Up-Front Expense

APIA Couple
  • We have a long, successful history of serving homeowners in Indian River County.
  • We frequently more than double the amount policyholders receive in insurance settlements.
  • There is no financial burden for you. We don't get paid until you get paid additional funds as a result of our intervention.
  • Our fee is a fraction of the additional funds and our work is free if you don't receive more than your insurance company's original offer.

Timing for Filing New, Reopened, or Supplemental Claims

The new Florida homeowners insurance legislation signed into law on December 16, 2022
is making the following changes, cutting filing time in half:

  • A new property insurance claim or reopened claim must be filed within 1 year after the date of loss rather than 2 years.
  • A supplemental claim must be filed within 18 months after the date of loss rather than 3 years.

~ See Florida Statute 627.70132

Accredited Public Insurance Adjuster of Indian River County (APIA-IRC)
is licensed to help when your insurance company won't.

Call Steve for a No Cost - No Obligation Consultation.

(772) 696-5585

Woman panicked looking under sink at busted pipe
House with the roof on fire
Broken Roof Tiles
Map of Hurricane
Man in Hazmat Pointing to Mold
Downed trees on a house
Hard Rain Against Roof
Busted Pipe